Governor Douye Diri in Ayamasa for 8th Memorial of Late Mother, Rose Diri

.....Urges Bayelsans to see the need to live together.

Sen. Douye Diri, Governor of Bayelsa State and his siblings today were in Ayamasa in Ekeremor Local Government Area for the 8th Memorial of their late Mother, Mrs. Rose Ebiye Abraham Michael Diri. 

The Governor was joined by Hon. Fred Agbedi, Member representing Sagbama-Ekeremor Federal constituency, and his Ogbia counterpart, Hon. Fred Obua, Chief Solomon Agwanana, Chairman PDP Bayelsa State, Barr. Tare Porri, Member representing Ekeremor constituency 1 in the Bayelsa State House of Assembly, Hon. Wisdom Fafi representing Kolokuma /Opokuma constituency 2, Commissioners and Other top Government functionaries.

The Governor said, "First I will like to use this opportunity to thank all of you from Ayamasa and indeed from Bayelsa, because seated here are Bayelsans from across all the Local Government Areas.

Our Mother to us, was the woman described as mother to everyone who came across her.


My mother had no enemies, and that is why as a governor, I have no enemies. If you want to know why I have no enemies, I took it from my mother. The politics of this state has been the one of bitterness, name calling and division. I know that God has a purpose of bringing me on board at this time and the purpose is to heal the political wounds in this State, that we will move away from abusing each other to a friendly disposition and a disposition of service to our people.

Today, usually is a very solemn day for me, but I'm encouraged and very happy that you all joined me to celebrate this wise woman. I pray that we will all have the kind of character that will make us see each other as brothers and sisters. Let us stop fighting each other, it will not take us anywhere, rather it will divide us further", Gov. Diri Stated.


#pdpgf

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Governor Mutfwang Calls For Unity Through Prayer In Plateau State Churches

Governor Mutfwang Receives Nigerian First Lady, Senator Oluremi Tinubu's Generous Donation Of 500 Million Naira To Plateau Crisis Victims

Governor Caleb Mutfwang Rejoices With His Excellency, Nyesom Wike On Birthday