Akwa Ibom Guber 2023: Umo Eno Wins

The Akwa Ibom State Governorship Elections Petitions Tribunal has upheld the election of Pastor Umo Eno of the Peoples Democratic Party, as the validly elected Governor of Akwa Ibom State, dismissing the suit instituted by Senator Bassey Albert Akpan and his party, Young Progressives Party, which challenged the election of the Akwa Ibom State Governor.


BEING THE REMARKS OF H.E. PASTOR UMO ENO, GOVERNOR, AKWA IBOM STATE AFTER  THE GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION PETITION TRIBUNAL DECLARED HIM DULY ELECTED - SEPTEMBER 29TH, 2023.


My Fellow Akwaibomites,

Today, the Elections Tribunal sitting in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, following the earlier dismissal of the petitions brought by the New Nigerian People’s Party (NNPP), Governorship Candidate, John James Akpanudoedeghe, Architect Ezekiel Nya Etok, of African Democratic  Congress (ADC), Akpan Jeremiah of the Action Alliance, Emem Coffie of the Accord Party, Obong Akan Udofia of the All Progressive Congress, (APC) and today, Distinguished Senator, Obong Bassey Albert Akpan, of the Young Progressive Party, (YPP) again unanimously affirmed my victory as the duly elected Governor of our great State.

I dedicate this victory to you, the people of Akwa Ibom State, who on March 18th, 2023, came out and massively voted for me to usher in the Golden Era in continuation of the giant strides we have experienced in this State, 36 years after creation.

Let me use this opportunity to thank and celebrate the Nigerian Judiciary for the patriotic job they are doing to safeguard and consolidate our democracy. My faith in this critical institution remains rock-solid.

As I have always said, politics is over, its time for governance. I call on my brothers, Distinguished Senator John Akpanudoedeghe, Architect Ezekiel Nya-Etok, Obong Akanimo Udofia, Emem Coffie, Akpan Jeremiah and Distinguished Senator Obong Bassey Albert, to join me in building a State, founded on shared aspirations for growth, development, unity and brotherhood.

I may have been elected on the platform of the PDP, but I am a Governor for all Akwaibomites, irrespective of political labels. That’s what I promised to do, when I put my hands on the Bible on May 29th, 2023 and took my Oath of Office.

I urge all Akwaibomites, to keep faith in God who is leading us aright as our State will soon witness a litany  of projects across the thirty one Local Government Areas, thus providing jobs for our youths.

Let us therefore, ARISE, and together, usher in the Golden Era for us all!

God bless Akwa Ibom State, God bless our Judiciary and God bless our dear Nation, Nigeria.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Governor Mutfwang Calls For Unity Through Prayer In Plateau State Churches

Governor Mutfwang Receives Nigerian First Lady, Senator Oluremi Tinubu's Generous Donation Of 500 Million Naira To Plateau Crisis Victims

Governor Caleb Mutfwang Rejoices With His Excellency, Nyesom Wike On Birthday